20.2.09

An Open Letter to Foodzie - Business Development; aka Where I Want to Buy the Goods, and Use Them


Foodzie has impressed the heck out of me since they joined TechStars last summer, and when I saw they sell Whirly Poppers, well, it's all over for me.

I've decided all 'corporate' or thank - you gift purchases will now come from Foodzie.

1.800.Flowers no more.

In fact, that's a great potential future division, Foodzie folks - corporate gifting.

Some more ideas (who knows if any are worth a damn)...

  • Customization (at least custom orders in small sizes) for wedding favors/events (partner with a design exchange site/collaborative if someone wants a logo, etc - you've got to know some creative designers from your tenure in Boulder - @andrewhyde I'm talking about the friend who designed the Startup Weekend notebooks?).
  • I could go on, but I've got to get back to healthcare.
  • Speaking of which, one more thing - I'd like to see which of your items are ok for friends with restricted diets (heart friendly, low sodium, gluten free, diabetic exchange info, etc). Allergen info is a great start, but you could add these things to the tag area?
Now I've worked up an appetite. Time for some Bartlett pears with balsamic...and popcorn with Old Bay.

Posted via email from Jen's posterous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen,

Thanks so much for the kind words about Foodzie! The ideas that you posed are awesome. I can tell you that we have 2 out of the 4 things that you mentioned currently in our development plans.

I'll be sure to share your ideas with our team, and we'll keep you posted as we continue to release new stuff.

All our best,
Rob + the Foodzie team