Health 2.0 company in Palo Alto is seeking Senior Software Developers for its Patient Interfaces team.
Qualified candidates will have industry experience developing IVR applications and interfacing to web services in Java. Candidates must have solid specification, design, development and testing skills, honed through multiple development cycles from inception to release.
• Develop interfaces to VoiceXML and IVR systems for speech processing.
• Develop interfaces to SOAP web services to access content and deliver results.
• Unit testing of developed applications.
• Keep abreast of new technologies and suggest application to the company's systems.
• Follow this company's established quality system procedures.
• Complete training in accordance with HHN procedures.
• Other duties as directed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• 4-7 years Java software development.
• Experience with VoiceXML and IVR systems.
• Experience with SOAP web services.
• Strong understanding of OO principles and design patterns.
• Good communication skills.
• Able to draft high quality written specifications and design documents.
• Excellent unit test and integration test skills.
• Excellent understanding of the Linux operating system.
• Detailed understanding of the Apache web server and Apache modules.
• Designing and developing data models and working with SQL databases.
• General work experience in VoIP
• Understanding of HL7 health care data schema.
• Software tools such as Perforce, Eclipse and Ant.
• Works most effectively in a small team environment.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent technical discipline is preferred.
If interested, please just click below. On the next page, you'll have the opportunity to apply just by sending us a copy of your resume. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Another reminder-if you want to know what companies working in HIT are up to BEFORE they demo at Health 2.0, keep one eye (at least) on the help wanteds...