14.7.09

Senator Grassley's -Ah-Unique Healthcare Spending Solution

From http://healthcareforamericanow.org/page/s/job: "Senator Grassley's health care solution? Get a job like his."

Good grief. Capitol Hill is completely out of touch.

Hilarious comeback by Healthcare For America Now, which provides a form letter for you to apply for a job with Senator Grassley:

WANT HEALTH CARE AS GOOD AS SENATOR GRASSLEY'S? APPLY FOR A JOB WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!
Senator Grassley pays $356.59 per month for health care, and the most he pays when visiting a doctor or hospital is $300.1 Senator Grassley's health care bills are paid by you and me.

Will Senator Grassley vote for health care reform that gives your family coverage that’s as affordable as his? So far his answer is NO. Instead, Senator Grassley says you should get a job with the feds.

So, fill out your name below to apply for a job with Senator Grassley so you can get the same benefits he gets. We'll deliver your job application to his office so you can get the care you deserve.

Have to admit, I'm sorely tempted:

Senator Chuck Grassley
Attn: Human Resources Department
135 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

To Whom It May Concern:

I really need good health care benefits. Senator Grassley says that I should come to work for the federal government, so I can get benefits like he has, that my family can afford. So please consider this letter a job application.

I work hard, and I pay my taxes, but I cannot keep up with health care costs that are rising four times faster than wages if I can even get health care at all, what with all the denials of needed care that my insurance company throws in my way. Meanwhile, Members of Congress get health care that’s affordable , and nobody is going to deny care to an elected official!

Senator Grassley has so graciously offered to provide me health care as good as he has if I work for the federal government, and so I am applying for a position in Senator Grassley's office in the hope he will make good on that promise. If he cannot, the only hope I have to obtain quality, affordable health care for me and my family is if Senator Grassley drops his opposition and supports real health care reform - reform that gives me a choice of public or private insurance, make care affordable, and delivers good benefits.

Maybe one day, I'll be able to have the same health care benefits Senators like Chuck Grassley have.

I look forward to your response,

[your name]

Posted via web from Jen's Posterous

No comments: