31.7.08

HMRx & The Big Apple: To Hello Health I Go


Tonight is the launch party for Jay Parkinson's first storefront Hello Health location in Brooklyn.

Today is a bit of an experiment - I'm taking a road less traveled - instead of flying I'll try a Boltbus (supposedly free WiFi, but we'll see).
If I can grab or borrow a wireless signal this evening I'll liveblog the event (and yes, provide some tweets), but if not stop by tomorrow for a review.

To current healthcare friends who can't attend (hup Holland hup!) I'll send photos - to 'new' healthcare friends I'll meet in person this evening - can't wait.

It's exciting to celebrate the potential for what's next in primary care with Jay, Sean and Co. Too often in healthcare we alienate our mavericks. This isolate and destroy approach will be eclipsed by consumer-centric firms like Myca.

What Jay and the guys are doing reminds me of a favorite Dave Barry quote:

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

(And yes, the Ark replica above was built by a Dutchman).

PS - If anyone has questions for Jay (and fellow physician and blogger Sean Khozin), leave a comment or txt to 301.904.5136. I'll be happy to pass it along.

No comments: