21.4.08

Happy Earth Day From World Healthcare Congress 2008

In honor of Earth Day, my personal effort is to save multiple packs of Post-Its, hundreds of cocktail napkins, programs, flyers, and any other sort of disposable material at the 3-day WHCC.

The organizers are certainly helping - water stations in the hallways are stocked with glasses rather than disposable cups or water bottles.

Let's see if they maintain the same green policies at tonight's networking events.

And as to saving Post-Its...those of you who know me know I have a compulsive concept sketching addiction - if there's no whiteboard handy I'll go to town on any pressed fiber product in reach.

As such I've decimated many many Post-Its in the pursuit of the next great blog post.

Twitter, however, allows me to skip all that and virtually 'write' Post-Its (my 140 character messages) in real time.

I'm tweeting live from WHCC right now - you don't even have to create an account (free) to follow my posts (free) - just search for "jenmccabegorman."

I've heard from 2 buddies its almost like being there, so come on over and check it out.


For more formal postings, a bunch of Health 2.0 folks are blogging live here - welcome to virtual, environmentally friendly WHCC coverage (well, except for all that electricity usage for my laptop, Blackberry, etc).

No comments: