27.8.09

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

If you follow @polarwisdom on Twitter, you may have noticed my byline (#owjen) appearing less frequently of late...this is no coincidence. 

Moving into busy conference season for healthcare events and ramping up development work (and the seemingly never-ending search for a dream Contagion Health tech cofounder or two) I've wrapped up my advocacy/social media work with Organized Wisdom. 

This week I'm transitioning care and feeding of the @polarwisdom community to Organized Wisdom team members Amy and Emily (#owamy and #owemily). If you are an @polarwisdom follower, I leave you in the very capable hands of these ladies, with every confidence they'll continue to provide a safe space to discuss living with depression. 

Please don't hesitate to contact Amy or Emily directly; amy@organizedwisdom.com and emily@organizedwisdom.com, or use the DM feature on Twitter. As usual, I'll be happy to help; please email contagionhealth@gmail.com or DM me @jensmccabe. 

I'll continue to drop some link-love to @polarwisdom (and help the OW team however I can) every once in a while, but will also share relevant resources under my @jensmccabe Twitter handle. 

Unity, Steve, Amy, Emily and the rest of the gang - it's been my pleasure and privilege to work with such an adaptable, 'agile,' quick-moving team.

Steve, Unity - you put resources behind using Twitter for healthcare advocacy in a way no one had done before our TwitterWisdom exploration, and it's paved the way for legitimizing the use of social media channels to connect patients, providers, family, and friends. 

I can't thank you enough for giving me the opportunity to be involved in such a big effort to push patient advocacy out of the hospital hallways and into the web's creative commons. 

The foresight you showed in letting me run a mental health advocacy feed specifically focused on helping folks live with bipolar depression (not an easy or 'fun' issue to discuss, particularly in the public social media commons) continues to push the boundaries of health 2.0 towards whatever's next. 

Speaking of which, see you all at Health 2.0 in San Francisco, and remember (@polarwisdom friends and others) - whatever your diagnosis, it is a part of who you are, but it does not define you. 

Often bits (and bytes) of our 'best' selves are revealed sharing illness and recovery narratives - that's certainly been my experience with @polarwisdom. Thanks for taking the journey with me.

To your health!

Jen S. McCabe
@jensmccabe

CEO/Founder: Contagion Health 
CoFounder: NextHealth (NL)

Consulting/Chief Patient Advocate (social media): 
OrganizedWisdom Health

LinkedIn: Jen McCabe 
Skype: jenmccabe

iPhone: 301.904.5136 
Dutch Mobile:  +31655585351

jennifermccabegorman@yahoo.com

Posted via email from Jen's Posterous

No comments: