17.12.07

Why I Love Lijit - Model Customer Service for All Health 2.0 Firms

Here's an exchange I had, en total, with Tara Anderson, Lijit Community Catalyst extraordinaire.

I'm posting it as an example of excellent customer service.

These emails also show why, if Lijit ever goes corporate commando and requires a fee for usage, I will pay such a fee without question - because I know people like Tara will be there to help convey my suggestions to improve the system.

Is the deeper point coming through? Systems improvement requires internal catalysts who hunt & gather feedback from users and then integrate suggestions into the corporate process to change systems.

Who are your internal catalysts? Patient registrars? Greeters/patient advocates? Nurses? Who integrates suggestions into the corporate process and facilitates system change? The BOD? Your unit directors/managers? The executive team?

Lesson: You can't buy loyalty like this, but you can certainly earn it, as Lijit has done. I recommend Lijit to all my fellow bloggers.

Thanks Tara! And keep reaching out. The organizations who grow too big to reach out to individual customers grow too big to hold my interest (and business) as a consumer.

Your devoted fan,
Health Mgmt Rx

Jen,

Thanks for taking the time to send your thoughts. We appreciate it. To answer your stats question, we recently added the geo-location information that you are asking about. If you go to your stats page (log into your Lijit account and click on “my stats” up top), you’ll see a chart that shows what countries your searchers are coming from. It’s a neat addition to our stats and I never realized that I had so many readers in Romania .

You can most definitely use any of this in a blog entry. It proves to my bosses that I’m actually working. J We’ve been reaching out personally to new users who sign up for about a year now. However, with our growth, I’m not sure how much longer we can do it. It’s the kind of personal touch that I love but once we start getting 50 new users signing up every day, it becomes very time-intensive. I’m currently struggling with how to scale the process and keep that personal feel.

Thanks again for your support. Please send any questions my way. Hope your Tuesday is going well…

Tara Anderson

Community Catalyst


lijit networks, inc.
1050 Walnut St., Suite 340

Boulder, Co 80302
303.493.5490 x496 direct
303.493.5495 fax
www.lijit.com

We've moved! Please note our new address. Our phone/fax numbers remain the same.



From: Jennifer McCabe Gorman [mailto: jennifermccabegorman@yahoo.com ]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:26 PM
To: Tara Anderson
Subject: Re: Some Lijit feedback...


Hi Tara -


Thanks so much for the email - I've been using the lijit wijit (that's a tongue twister) with great success.


It's fascinating to see which searches have brought visitors to Health Management Rx - using Lijit stats I've been able to see an upward tick in both political search terms (universal healthcare) and searches for individuals/facilities.


My Statcounter allows me to see percentage of searches that are international/domestic - does the lijit functionality have this capability? If so I've just been too lazy to unearth it!


I'll keep your message and continue to evaluate the lijit service; if I come up with additional suggestions I'll most certainly pass them along.


Happy holidays -


Jen McCabe Gorman


PS - this is impressive customer service and a great way to build the lijit community! Mind if I use it in a future Health 2.0 blog entry? And do you touch bases with all users?


Tara Anderson <tara@lijit.com> wrote:



Hey there Jen. I noticed that you signed up for an account with us and wanted to thank you for installing our wijit on your blog. As the daughter of a public health nurse, I saw firsthand some of the struggles my mom went through in the field of health management. She opened my eyes to the complex workings of the health care system and I feel that your blog has the potential for doing the same.


In the interest of insuring a positive Lijit experience, I was wondering if you had any feedback for us concerning the installation or functionality of the wijit. We are a growing company and user comments are helpful in guiding our development team. Also, in case you hadn’t yet, I wanted to encourage you to take a look at your stats when you get the chance. Our goal is to offer detailed stats to help you get a better sense of your audience; we welcome any suggestions you may have for enhancing our stats offerings.


If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me. Thanks again for taking the time to install our wijit and I hope you’re having a great Monday!


Community Catalyst


lijit networks, inc.
1050 Walnut St., Suite 340

Boulder, Co 80302
303.493.5490 x496 direct
303.493.5495 fax
www.lijit.com

We've moved! Please note our new address. Our phone/fax numbers remain the same.




1 comment:

tarable said...

Jen, thanks for the kind words. We know that we can learn a lot from our users so I just try to keep the lines of conversation open. Like in any business, if we aren't listening to what our users are saying, how are we supposed to keep them happy? Please let me know if you should encounter any issues with your wijit or have any questions at all.