2.2.08

Superbowl XLII Fitness Challenge - Join Me?

Ahh, time for that annual paragon of gluttony, violence, sportsmanship (and the lack thereof), laser-focused, fan-based commerce, teamwork, and triumph that is the uniquely all-American Superbowl. Somebody's going to Disneyland.

Tomorrow, we'll watch the Superbowl with four other friends in Delft (starts around midnight here).

I admit it. Like 36.3% of the viewer population (Retail Marketing and Advertising Assoc. stats), I only watch the Superbowl for the commercials. And, of course, the excuse to eat my annual quota of nachos.

This year I'm going to try something a little different.

During each commercial, I will EITHER do 2 push-ups (not girl-style) OR 5 crunches.

Every other day I do 3 sets of 10 regular push-ups, and 3 sets of 100 flutter-kicks with 50 "hello dollies," so I'm not starting completely from scratch.

If I can move by the end of the game, it will be a miracle, but my lassitude won't be a result of overeating.

Anyone else not working during the game care to join me?

And for those of you working in ERs, may the force be with you and many prospective patients use designated drivers.

No comments: